Monday, August 30, 2010

Tornado Warning!

Unfortunately, the title refers to how my room looks on any normal given day. Clothes, magazines, beauty products, papers... Instead of a place for everything and everything in its place, my room is a place for everything and everything all over the place.

The most pressing reason of the moment to get organized is a visit from a dear friend. The overarching desire is to live more simply, having less so I have to take care of less. The reality is that I like pretty things and acquire many things for free or nearly so, but at the cost of a daily sanctuary of tranquility (which happens to be my middle name).

So here begins the journey... shop less by physically taking in less, or by "shopping" my closet, window shopping until I don't want something anymore or have moved on to something else, and saving and spending only what I need so I am indeed saving money and time and spending less energy on acquisition and the means for it.

I'm not not spending, but I definitely need to start investing... in things that matter, in people and places that I love, in my future, and yes, occasionally, in clothing that makes me look and feel fantastic.

Time to do a little purging...After a good night's sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment